Do you suffer from a fierce sharp pain under your foot (under your heel)? Do you have a lot of pain when walking or standing? Then it is possible that you suffer from heel spur. In the article below you can read all about heel spur complaints and how to deal with them. We will talk about work shoes for heel spur, insoles for heel spur and we will also explain how heel spur complaints occur. We will also introduce you to the best work shoes for heel spur.
What causes heel spur complaints?
Heel spur complaints occur due to temporary or prolonged overloading of the sole tendon. The attachment of the tendon to the heel bone is under tension and will subsequently irritate and/or inflame. This causes the sharp pain under your foot. Heel spurs complaints usually occur gradually, but sometimes they also occur suddenly, for example as a result of an injury.
There is a risk of an earlier overloading of the sole tendon of the foot:
- in case of overweight,
- when running on a hard surface,
- when you have to stand for a long time,
- if you take a long walk and are not used to walking,
- for athletes who run or jump a lot (e.g. tennis or volleyball),
- in case of a different foot type or a wrong walking pattern,
- in case of a different foot type or a wrong walking pattern.